Tuesday, November 9, 2010

trip to the quilt shop!!!

This past weekend I decided even though I didn't have my quilt back for the salt and pepper quilt I would go ahead and cut out the batting. I've had the top cut out for for ever. So I cut all the batting before I went to Samantha's recital. (which was very fun-it was different because it was a mini recital at her house) After we got back home I called the quilt shop and checked to see what time they were open till. I had enough time to get there and then a half and hour to shop. So mom and I left in search for the backing to my quilt. I had looked at Rossville quilts before and didn't find anything. Then I went down to Indy's Quilt Quarters and still came up short. So I was willing to give it another shot. And after looking a short time, we came across a lovely cheerie yellow. (which was what I truly wanted)I grabbed it and had to continue to see all the other new things they had gotten in since I had last been in. It's such a nice shop. After I got my fabric cut we payed and I went home floating on cloud nine. It was the most perfect color!! What I had been searching and searching for. So of coure once I got home I measure and cut away. I got the entire back cut out. I can't wait until the weekend comes so that I can go back home get out my sewing machine and start on my quilt!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment